Message
  • EU e-Privacy Directive

    This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

    View e-Privacy Directive Documents

    You have declined cookies. This decision can be reversed.

Present

Vee B , Nev B, Phil H, James H, Matt T, Dave T & Nicki T

Apologies

None

Matters Arising from previous minutes:

None that are not on the Agenda be discussed – minutes agreed

Trials Update (PH/ DT)

Championship positions were confirmed, based on the clubs defined rules for eligibility:

Class 1 – 1st Gary D, 2nd Joe M, 3rd James F-J

Class 2 – 1st Rob W , 2nd Nic W ( there were only 2 competitors eligible)

Tyro – Ed F-J

Shunts -Trials Team will be revisiting the current points system regarding shunts, following previous canvas of competitors.

Set up / Marshalling  we need to encourage more people to contribute and ideas for setting up a prize draw system was discussed, which  would then translate into draw ticket entries for a prize at the end of the year. This will be discussed further at the next meeting, but all to think of ways this might work.

Seat Belts – a lap belt is the minimum that can be worn, but the club rules state that whatever is fitted must be worn as designed for use.

Radios – Bill T has seen a set of 6 for £75. PH will check with Tower Comms re prices on offer and what might best suit our needs.

Communications & Publicity

Car stickers & Fliers - PH gave feedback on styles / prices  he had found on the internet. Stickers were approx £200 + VAT for 500. Fliers would be approx £31 incl VAT for 1000. PH & VB will collate some wording ideas & send to DT to look at. Agreed to fund these.

Late communications re Bonfire & trial at Holymoorside – PH apologised for Txts & E News being so late. There had been a technical issue with the text group list, but this has been resolved. It was suggested that a template is devised for the ENews, which could be prepared ahead with regular info like trial date / site / map. It was felt if we get smarter with these items we do not really need an extra BAD News as there is already lots of ongoing info already on the site. We have had over half of the recipients of the ENews opening it, which is good.

Website – MT will attend to the website issues, highlighted in the last minutes, in one go.

Remaining events for 2013

PH will send out a group txt to remind members re: Social Night / Xmas meal & need for raffle prizes and sale of calendars.

Xmas Meal – currently 46 attendees

Calendars – latest sales are 27 out of the 40 purchased, rest will be taken to the Xmas meal  

Events 2014

Review of Trial & Tyro Event dates / sites. There are still sites to be found for later in the year. It was agreed for the following owners to be approached: 23rd Feb - Worral by Cindy, 23rd Mar – H/moorside by MT, Tearsal & Castern by VB. Wormhough by PH

Hartington Quarry. Discussion about various issues regarding the availability /future of this site. PH will make some enquiries regarding the current status of the land.

Why Not Music Festival – Pike Hall. This takes place in July and they are always looking for people to help with the event / marshalling etc. Once the date has been established details of the event will be put on the website and in ENews. 

 

Financial update for YTD 2013

New Bank A/C - NT confirmed we have finally got a new bank account with RBS and this will be free, at least for the next 12 months, as they have acknowledged the issues we have had over setting this up (refer to  minutes 4/9/13). Both current a/c & deposit have been set up. MT has been given the new details to get the Paypal account amended.  

Financial position YTD is approx £350 -£400 deficit; this includes adding the final 1/3 accrual of £188 for the club shelter, purchased in 2011. We will also assess the stock of stamps held as this could reduce the deficit by continuing to pre-pay the value held. There will be awards trophies to add to this figure.

Date of next meeting 

Wednesday 29th January 2014, 7.30pm at Chapel-en-le-Frith