Your Friendly Land Rover Club

Message
  • EU e-Privacy Directive

    This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

    View e-Privacy Directive Documents

    You have declined cookies. This decision can be reversed.

Present

Alastair M, Vee B , Nev B, Phil H, James H, Matt T, Dave T & Nicki T

Apologies

None

Matters Arising from previous minutes:

Car Stickers - PH apologised that he had not had chance to arrange the purchase of these.

Financial position - NT advised the final accrual release should have read £289 not £188.

Minutes agreed.

Christmas meal & sale of calendars

Meal - generally good re food and festive look. The location appeared more amenable reflecting the higher attendance. Service was a bit slow due to lack of servers; this was fed back to the landlord.

Calendars - sold well. There are 2 unsold so the print run of 40 was just right. Nev was thanked for all the work he put into producing these.

Phil H - announced at the meal that he would be standing down as Chairman & as a Club Director. He wanted to reach as wide an audience as possible and give plenty of time for others to think about how they might help more with the running of the club. 

Current club position

All agreed we need more new input to the running of the club. A few existing club members have formed a new club to run a couple of challenge events in 2014 it is thought they are named Groundhog 4x4. If we are approached for use of equipment, then we could review selling on some items like punches / surplus Fire Extinguishers, as these are unlikely to be needed by BADLRC. A re-review of where club items are being stored is required for the next meeting. NT will send out a copy of the last list produced, with the minutes.

Membership – VB advised we currently have 75 members and concern was expressed over lapsed members;  we would expect some churn due to economic factors and some events not currently run; like greenlaning. Our core is still quite high considering the numbers that regularly attend trials. 2013 financials reflected 80 paid members.

Regular activities needed to run the club – DT ran through a list of the key things that are required to run the club / events etc. It was felt that this could be shared to members. Also felt we should try to demystify committee activities by adding a copy of the minutes to the website. A copy of the Company  Memorandum & Articles could also be placed on the website. PH has a pdf which he could send to MT.

Directors – Both DT & VB would feel more comfortable if there was at least one more director on the board; we had five when the club became Ltd. We may need to review the club status as a limited company.

AGM – Date agreed for 6th April 2014, 6.00pm – 7.30pm. AM confirmed the suggested venue of the Cavendish Room at the Buckingham Hotel was OK. DT will devise a letter, for committee review, to be sent to the membership prior to the next trial; this can also be added to the website and sent by txt & mail chimp.

Events 2014

Sites - confirmed up until April as we were awaiting feedback re the status of Hartington Quarry; PH advised that reliable sources have confirmed the sale of the quarry, but we don’t know any more details; VB will see if she can find out more from Dave Billings. We think that the 26-27th July was added as a trial, in error, as feel sure this is the date for Billing.This can be amended via the website. PH will check Mowcop & Wormhough availability for use in July / Sept. VB will check if Tearsal can be used again in Oct & will also speak to Danny Riley. MT will check if Holymoorside can be used in Nov.

Section 33 – PH has re-checked the position for Worral; as long as we keep off the track for the trial we can use it for access to the site. MT will check Rob White’s leadmines. Mowcop has been set up in the past so this should be OK.

Trials Sub-Committee (TSC)

Vote required – PH will be sending out three questions for the TSC to vote on by 4/2 -  Re: tyre limitations, seatbelt penalty & shunt points.

MSA Event Paperwork – MT reminded all re the following: sign-on sheets must be downloaded from the MSA website just prior to the event. If there are two events taking place officials / competitors must sign for both events if involved. Details of the event/ title must tally to the permits. 

Child Protection Officer – MT will check MSA site to remove old names & add VB; a form was completed over 12mths ago, but her name has still not been added.

Marshals prize draw – DT read out a summary of the proposed running of the Marshals & officials Draw, it was agreed to keep things as simple as possible & for names to be taken from the officials sign on sheets (per event) which would generate entries into the final draw after the last event of the season. A general High St. voucher to the value of £50 was agreed as a good incentive and thank you and would be presented at the Awards Night. MT will check out if our marshals can enter their names into the monthly ANWCC Marshal Draw.

Fliers – available for general distribution by the committee and will be taken to trials for distribution.

Financial update for year ending 2013

Final position – agreed not to pre-pay further against stock of stamps as value approx £80. Net YTD position is £670 deficit; this includes the final accrual release of £289 for the club shelter, which had been spread across three years. The trials had moved slightly into the black this year by £89. We currently have £7.3K on deposit.

Directors Liability Insurance – due for renewal, but nothing received from Insurer. NT will send a chaser for a quote as it was agreed to continue with JLT as they are likely to remain the best option.

AOB

ANWCC – MT asked if we could advertise Training days and requests for help to support events on the website. Committee agreed.

First Aid Box – VB has this. The contents need checking to keep up to date. NT will check if plasters & bandages need re-freshing if their use by date has expired.

JTV – AM asked what was happening over this. The short answer is nothing until we can get someone to run it.      

Date of next meeting 

Wednesday 26th March 2014, 7.30pm at Chapel-en-le-Frith

Forthcoming Events

No events