Minutes Buxton and District Land Rover Club

29th April 2014 Chapel-en-le-frith

PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicky Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB); Mitch Whiting (MW); Matt Thompson (MT); Joe Moss (JM); Nic White (NW); Rob White (RW)








Minutes of last meeting

Checked and agreed as accurate

Minutes to be emailed to all committee members for checking and approval. Once approved by all members, to be published on website

New committee members

Chairman welcomed JM, NW and MW to the committee and thanked for joining.


New Director

Chairman welcomed RW and thanked for joining the directors team. RW was invited to this meeting to observe the proceedings



Chairman – DT

Membership Secretary – VB

Treasurer – NT

Chief Scrutineer – NB to be assisted by James Hunter

Photographer – NB

Secretary – NW

Website and competition secretary – MT

General committee members – JM and MW

DT voted in as Chairman by members present. Will require a Vice-Chairman

Trials Team

DT, JM and Alistair Moss. Chris Morrell keen to join Trials Team

All agreed

Past Chairman

Phil Hunter who has just resigned this post was proposed to become a life member

Agreed by members present


New financial year

Pleasing numbers for the three trials so far


Social event

Social at Bull int’ Thorn (A515) proposed with costs subsidised by club for BBQ/buffet. Possibly after TYRO at Danny’s, but after discussion, agreed to explore a different date : 28/06/14

NT to publicise this event on website – will require booked numbers

Green Laning

VB stated many potential new members are dissuaded by the Club’s lack of Green Laning activity

DT to enquire of interested laners


JTV vehicle is currently broken. RW offered to repair. It then needs returning to MSA. Other vehicle is part of club assets.

RW to repair

JTV to be disposed  of.


Good turnout this weekend but need more help to set up and run

Continue this season

Club Assets

Some equipment e.g. diesel pressure washer; punches are out with club members. These need acquiring by the committee and reused or sold

DT to contact members with equipment to arrange repossession

Billing LR Show

Weekend 25-26th July. Agreed desirable to have a club presence but needs volunteers

JM to approach James and Ed Foster – Johnson to take mini trial model

MT to enquire about club stand

Committee contacts

All members agreed for mobile phone numbers to be entered onto website information page

MT to update


To establish who will answer queries generated through the website

MT to respond and forward to DT if relevant


A new club venture offering winch events being run by members Charles Burgess and Dave Robinson.

All agreed to advertise their events on BAD website

LRM magazine

MT has been contacted by Dave Barker of LRM who would like a page feature for the club. Also Total Off Road magazine interested in featuring events

All agreed useful publicity for the club. MT to liaise with magazine


Discussed which placings warrant a trophy and other alternatives to trophies e.g. shields

Continue with trophies – to discuss further at next meeting

Trials dates

Need a site for 18th-19th October event.

NT to contact Worrall and Wormhough to check if free.

MT to explore other options.

Trials regs

Last trial was unbalanced i.e. many more in mod than standard class. Discussed how to ensure the groups are equalised in numbers. NW suggested some competitors would be happy to change groups to assist in evening numbers.

If two groups are unequal in numbers invite triallers to volunteer to swap into other group to even out numbers

 Date of next meeting

All agreed Monday is a suitable evening and Chapel is a suitable midpoint location.

Set next date for:

Monday 14th July @ 7.30pm

@ Rowton Grange Road, Chapel–en – le-frith


Chairman closed meeting at 10.15 pm