Your Friendly Land Rover Club

Minutes Buxton and District Land Rover Club

14th July 2014, at Chapel-en-le-frith

PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicky Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB); Mitch Whiting (MW);  Nic White (NW).

APOLOGIES: Matt Thompson, Joe Moss.

 

SUBJECT

 

 

DISCUSSION

 

ACTION

Minutes of last meeting

Checked and agreed as accurate

 

Trialling Shunt Rule

Discussed as unfair a tight margin between SWB vehicles at 91’’ and those classified as LWB at 93’’ and over, the latter benefiting from a shunt.

Agreed by Trials team to classify LWB (therefore shunt entitlement) to 98’’ and above.

Land Rover Shows

As the club have been unable to get a stand at Billing due to oversubscription and therefore no pitch available, agreed that Peterborough LR Show on September 20th & 21st. may be a good event to have club representation.

To have a club stand, there is an obligation to ‘add to’ the event: our proposal being to lay out the minitrials model. 

DT to ask if members interested in attending: a possibility that the Foster-Johnson brothers may be keen, but they would require support.

DT to ask, and give members 10 days to respond.

JTV tractor and other club equipment

Awaiting Charles Burgess to gather the equipment, then ring Rob White to arrange it to be taken to Rob’s for storage.

CB and RW to liase.

MT to contact the MSA re: mini tractor .

NB to get pressure washer back, and to be stored at Rob’s.

Agreed to keep this in the club, for use at the Quarry and Playdays.

Other lawn tractor at CB’s to go on eBay once returned to Rob’s.

Biggin Quarry

Under new ownership.DT has made contact, agreed weekend use at a fee of £200/weekend. There will be a new £5/night charge for camping.

All committee keen on the possibility of a Playday/weekend-discussed end May Bank holiday weekend as an option.

DT and NB to visit the site, and its suitability. Subject to this, then book a Playday provisional date end May 2015.

Y not festival at Pikehall

1st weekend of August. Organisers have asked for volunteer recovery assistance from the club, in exchange for free admission to the festival for that day.

Discussed liability issues.

DT to contact the organisers re: liability insurance.

DT to contact those members volunteering to discuss the professional behaviour required when representing the club.

MSA regulations

Definition of Standard: on the website.

 

Social event

The Summer Social at Bull int’ Thorn (A515) was cancelled due to low numbers responding.

 

Air Ambulance

A letter of thanks was received from the Derby and Rutland Air Ambulance for the £101 donated as proceeds of the BAD club Christmas draw

 

Banking/Treasurer

NT received 2 letters to inform of the termination of free banking from 31/10/14.

NT to review the banking situation when meeting with the RBS Business Manager.

Date of next meeting

Not yet set.

DT will contact all committee with a proposed date.

 

Meeting closed by Chairman at 9pm.