Your Friendly Land Rover Club

Minutes of Buxton and District Land Rover Club

15th. September 2014, at Chapel-en-le-frith

 

PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicki Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB); Matt Thompson (MT); Nic White (NW).

APOLOGIES: Mitch Whiting, Joe Moss.                                    

   

SUBJECT

   
   

DISCUSSION

 
   

ACTION

 
 

Minutes of last meeting

 
 

Checked and agreed as accurate.

 

Many items discussed further as minuted below.

 
 
 

Land Rover Shows

 
 

Suggested   the club attends one national show next year-Billing or Peterborough-to be decided after DT attends the forthcoming Peterborough show.

 
 

Discuss at next committee meeting to decide which show the club attends.

 

Advertise on the club website in good time to attract volunteers to staff a stall representing the club.

 
 

JTV tractor and other club equipment

 
 

Awaiting Charles Burgess to deliver the lawn tractor to Rob White’s as requested, then tractor to be photographed and be sold through MW’s ebay account.

 

Diesel pressure washer has been delivered to NB’s. He is unable to store it long term, so will take it to Rob’s for storage.

  

JTV tractor is now at Rob’s, with the steering repaired. It can remain there until requested by another MSA club.

  
 

DT to contact Charles again re acquisition of the lawn tractor.

 
 

Biggin Quarry

 
 

Since last minutes, a 2nd. meeting with the landowner has resulted in agreement of a flat rate fee for the weekend of use, including free camping.

 
 
 

Calendar

 
 

NB has almost finished 2015 club calendar. Estimating 40 copies to be produced, as this amount sold out last year.

 

Event dates to be included on the calendar.

 
 

VB to price up the printing of 40 calendars.

 
 

Membership

 
 

2 new members from the last trial and 1 through the website.

 
 
 

Finance

 
 

NT informed the committee of a healthy positive balance in the Club funds.

 

NT has renegotiated another year of free banking with R.B.S.

 

The deposit account pays very little interest, but to gain a very small increase in interest paid, the deposit would need to be tied up. All agreed the benefit of instant access was preferable to a nominal interest increase without instant access.  

 
 
 

Christmas meal 2014

 
 

Date agreed as Sat 29th. November at the Bull in’ t’ Thorn, 7.30 for 8pm.

 

Price: £18:95 as last year.

 

Menu not yet confirmed by the venue-once NT has received this she will request people to book up and give a ‘book by’ date.

 

Usual raffle to be held-donations of prizes welcomed please! These can be brought to the event.

 

Ideas for a quiz/entertainment also welcomed.

 
 

MT to put a flash on the website to inform members.

 

NT to email out booking forms via the website once the menu is confirmed.

 
 

Programme of events for 2015

 
 

Proposed 9 trials, 6 Tyros, attendance at 1 national LR show (yet to be decided), and a Playday.

 

Dates prorosed as:

 

22nd Feb: Trial @   Worrall

 

22nd. March:Trial @ Holymoorside

 

18th. April: Tyro, 19th. April: Trial @ Biggin Quarry

 

9th. May: Tyro, 10th. May: Trial @ Tearsall

 

24th. May: Playday @ Biggin Quarry

 

27th. June: Tyro, 28th. June: Trial @ Mow Cop

 

18th. July: Tyro, 19th. July: Trial @ venue TBC

 

5th. Sept: Tyro, 6th. Sept: Trial @ Worrall

 

10th. Oct: Tyro, 11th. Oct: Trial @   Holymoorside

 

8th. Nov: Trial @ Biggin Quarry.

  

These dates and venues are subject to availability of the sites.

  

Due to a requirement to comply with the Highways Act section 33, a couple of sites will now be unable to be used because of footpaths crossing the site and the use of non-insured vehicles in trials. This includes both the land at Castern and Highfield Leadmines.

  
 

Landowners to be contacted to book these sites.

 

VB to contact Trevor at Tearsall.

 

Cindy Claxton to be asked to contact Worrall.

 

MT to contact Peter at Holymoorside.

 

NT to contact Dave at Mow Cop.

 

DT to contact Biggin Quarry-including the Playday weekend and requirement of a toilet for this event..

 
 

Use of email

 
 

The Club is committed to increasing use of email instead of Royal Mail, but VB having difficulties when members do not keep their contact details up to date, and finding members frequently changing their email addresses.

 
 

Members to be urged to keep VB informed of current contact details especially email, to ensure the club can economically and efficiently maintain memberships and communicate with members.

 
 

A.O.B.

 
 

VB: requests more membership cards are ordered.

 

Also suggests the membership form is amended to include emergency contact details.

 

Proposed we consider different endings to the sections-to allow a more difficult finish for the Mod class than that for standard vehicles. This used to be how some sections were set out many years ago.

 

NT: the Driver Declaration to be highlighted to drivers at the next trial, to alert drivers they are signing up as ‘fit to drive’.

 

DT: led discussion on scorecards: agreed unnecessary.

 

Radios: discussed, felt to be unnecessary at the cost of investment.

 

Green Laning: One member has offered to lead a green laning day. MT offered to help with set-up and arrangements.

 

A fee for administration, ie. Memory map needed for laning would be chargeable.

 

DT confirmed for next season Rules and Regs: LWB will be classified as vehicles of 98 inches wheelbase and above.

 
 

DT to amend the form and return to VB.

              

The member to be put in touch with Neil Claxton and Mick Belch who are experienced green laners.

 

   

Meeting closed at 10.45pm. Date for next meeting to be arranged: to consider meeting at a Trials weekend where committee members are already present. DT to confirm.