Your Friendly Land Rover Club

 Minutes of Buxton and District Land Rover Club

18th. October 2014, at Biggin Quarry, 7pm.

PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicki Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB); Nic White (NW); Joe Moss.

 

APOLOGIES: Mitch Whiting, Matt Thompson.                                       

   

SUBJECT

   
   

DISCUSSION

 
   

ACTION

 
 

Minutes of last meeting

 
 

Checked and agreed as accurate.

 

Many items discussed further as minuted below.

  
 
 

Land Rover Shows

 
 

DT attended Peterborough show. Felt Billing show a little more family orientated. Dates for next year’s Billing show: 31/07/15-02/08/15. This clashes with the Y Not festival.  

 
 

Advertise on the club website in good time to attract volunteers to staff a stall representing the club at Billing.

 

Consider not attending Y Not festival-no financial benefit for the club, and very few volunteers this year.

 
 

JTV tractor and other club equipment

 
 

Awaiting Charles Burgess to deliver the lawn tractor to Rob White’s as requested.

 

DT getting no response to emails.

 

Also noted Charles has possession of the Club’s Memory Map.

  
 

DT to contact Charles again re acquisition of the lawn tractor and memory map.

 
 

Biggin Quarry

 
 

Landowner has agreed to the dates of the Playday and Trial taking place at the Quarry.

 

The Landowner has requested to avoid mud on the A515 that attendees turn right out of the site onto the unclassified road.

 
 

DT to convey this to triallers via the Driver’s Briefing.

 
 

Calendar

 
 

NB has finished 2015 club calendar. Estimating 40 copies to be produced, as this amount sold out last year.

 

Event dates are included on the calendar.

 
 

Calendars for sale from tomorrow’s Trial.

 
 

Membership Cards

 
 

Priced up 500: @33 pence each, and 250 @ 44 pence each.

  
 

Agreed to order 250 so as to not be left with obsolete cards if the MSA required wording changes .

 
 

Scorecards

 
 

To be tried out at the first and second Trials of 2015.

 

NB has produced scorecards which were circulated around the members present.

 
 

Trial of scorecards early next year.

 
 

Christmas meal 2014

 
 

Bookings now being taken by NT with £18.95 payment (full amount per person) due at the time of booking.

 
 

MT to put a flash on the website to inform members.

 

Also raffle prizes are welcomed on the night.

 
 

Programme of events for 2015

 
 

Worrall is booked, as is the Quarry, Mow Cop and Tearsall.

 

Unconfirmed for the July event.

 
 

Castern to be put as a reserve option for July-Rob White has suggested other parts of the farm which will not be close to footpaths.

 

MT to pursue the original site planned for July.

 
 

Tyro

 
 

More help needed to set up and run these.

 

Reliant on the same few people to run, with a large impact on their Saturday.

 
 

Call for helpers to relieve the usual setter-uppers.

  
 

Green Laning

 
 

VB has introduced Rian to Mick and Neil. No plan of events at present..

 
 
 

A.O.B

 
 

Finance: NT reports she has sent off MSA registration of the club for next year.

 

The club Paypal bank account details have been updated and money sent to the account.

 

NT will send deposit to Mick at the Bull in’t’Thorn for Christmas meal.

  

Email: still issues with using this as a primary communication link.

  

From DT: a Marshalls prize draw for £50 will take place at the Christmas Dinner.

  

               : the PubNights advertised on the web are to be removed as very little interest in these.

   

DT has been approached by the Assistant Editor of Total Off Road, and the Landy

 

newsletter and wishes to feature the club.

  

NT: Timescale of advertising Playdays

 
           

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

VB agreed to find suitable vouchers as the prize.

 

MT to amend the website accordingly.

   

DT to discuss with him.

   

MT to be asked to put on website asap to generate maximum interest and attendance.

 
   

NW: discussed the request made by email to the Club for support with 2 non-club drivers on a fundraiser.

 
 

NW to contact the fundraisers directly to talk over their requirements.

    
   

Clarification of points from Minutes 15/09/14:

  
    1. The provisional dates for 2015 events are subject to MSA approval.
 
    1. The inability to use certain sites has been imposed by the Highways Act, making it a requirement to have vehicles insured. We do not feel this is achievable, so must avoid the use of land with footpaths.
  
 

 

Meeting closed at 8.45pm.

Date for next meeting: Mon. 19th. January 2015 at DT’s house.