Your Friendly Land Rover Club

 

Minutes of Buxton and District Land Rover Club

19th. January 2015,7:30pm at Chapel-en-le-frith

 

PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicki Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB); Mitch Whiting (MW); Joe Moss (JM); Nic White (NW).

 

APOLOGIES: Matt Thompson (MT).

                      

   

SUBJECT

   
   

DISCUSSION

 
   

ACTION

 
 

Minutes of last meeting

 
 

Checked and agreed as accurate.

 

Many items discussed further as minuted below.

 
 
 

Land Rover Shows-Billing

 
 

Club to have a stand at the 2015 Billing Land Rover Show.

 

The Foster-Johnson family have volunteered to attend, but all agreed they need other club members to support manning the stand.

 
 

Advertise on the club website to attract volunteers to staff a stand representing the club.

 
 

PlayDay, Sunday, 24th. May 2015

 
 

DT and NT are away that day and will be unable to help.

 

Arrangements:

 

Set up Saturday, event Sunday, clear site Monday.

 

Site: NB volunteering to level the camping area-at least to level the track.

    

Toilets: to be hired.

  

Refreshment van: Zoe Riley has offered to provide a burger van.

  

Entry gazebo: To use the Club gazebo. Not felt the large marquee would be necessary.

    

Pressure washer: Currently stored at NB’s.

 

Will need bringing to the site for Playday.

   

Radios: Agreed needed for the Playday. Usually rent 6-8 units.

  

Volunteers: agreed we will need 12-14 helpers for the playday: 2 on the entry gate, 2 signing on, 6-8 marshals, 2 on recovery.

    

Equipment: will need orange mesh fence and road pins collecting before the event.

  

NB will be Clerk of the Course for the event and Scrutineer.

  

First Aid: The Club has a first aid kit which will be checked and updated for use at the event. Usual emergency services if a more significant incident (First Responders, 999 services).

  
      

DT to meet the landowner again in March/April to discuss this.

  

NT will arrange.

  

VB will discuss with Zoe.

  

VB will liaise with Phil Hunter who stores the gazebo re: collecting it.

  

NW offered to collect and take to the site.

  

VB to investigate hiring of radios.

  

Advertise for committed volunteers on website and at forthcoming Trials.

  

To be arranged.

      

NT will check and update the First Aid kit.

 

                                     

 

Site for July Trial and Tyro.

 
 

Unconfirmed as yet-MT was searching for a site. If none forthcoming, then NW proposed a private site at Castern has been offered by Rob White.

 
 

DT to contact MT to find out if a site has been found. If not, DT to inform NW who will liaise re: Castern and the need to be away from public rights of way.

          
 

Championship for Triallers  

 
 

Agreed to continue to run a championship for Trials and Tyro

  
 
 

Christmas meal 2014          

 
 

Agreed a good event, 43 attended and gave positive feedback. Agreed happy to arrange at the same venue for 2015 event-proposed date: 5th. December.

 
 

NT to contact Mick at the Bull I’t’thorn.

    
 

Marshals award draw  

 
 

Won by Mick Belch in 2014. Agreed a good idea, to continue next year.

   
 
 

Stolen Vehicles      

 
 

Agreed the website is a useful place to alert readers of stolen vehicles.

 
 

DT to liaise with Buxton Constabulary Crime Prevention Officer re: use of the club website.

  
 

AOB:

 
 

Calendars: 9 left.

    

Signage for Playday:           Neil Claxton has offered to make roadside signs.

 

                                              

  

Scorecards: being introduced for the first trial. Printed out by NB already. Start as a trial period.

  

Finance: NT requesting outstanding receipts to go to her, to then be sent to the Accountant.         NT reports that Directors Insurance is no longer provided by the existing company, so new quotes for this need to be sought.

   

NT reported that MSA fees are frozen for 2015. A rebate has been received. The Club balance is in credit by £1200 for 2014, with trials making £500 this year. Costs of the Quarry rental for playday are £275. Propose to charge £25 per entry for drivers, £1 to watch, children free. Members fee structure to be confirmed.

  

Sale of Lawntractor: thanks to Mitch and Rob for co-ordinating the sale on ebay. The machine made £103, buyer was very happy and Mitch kindly donated the use of his ebay account.

 

                          

    
 

To be offered for sale at the next trial at £1.00 each.

  

NB and VB will design A4 printed flyers to go in shops in April.

      

           NT will follow this up.

 
     

 

      Meeting closed at 9.15pm.

 Date for next meeting: 23rd. March, 2015 at Chapel en