Your Friendly Land Rover Club

Minutes of Buxton and District Land Rover Club

 Sat. 2nd. May, 2015,7:30pm at Chapel-en-le-frith

  PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicki Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB), Nic White (NW), Danny Riley (DR), Dave Mercer (DM). APOLOGIES: ); Mich Whiting (MW); Joe Moss (JM); Matt Thompson (MT).                  

   

SUBJECT

   
   

DISCUSSION

 
   

ACTION

 
 

Minutes of last meeting

 
 

Checked and agreed as accurate.

 

Many items discussed further as minuted below.

 
 
 

ANWCC

 
 

MT attends these meetings.

 
 

MT to provide a briefing for committee.

 
 

PlayDay, Sunday, 24th. May 2015

 
 

Set up Saturday, event Sunday, clear site Monday.

  

Site: NB has been to level the camping area and access route into the field, since DT had made this arrangement with the landowner.

  

All arrangements made for required equipment provision and hire.

  

Members: will be encouraged to help over the weekend, in return for a free drive, but a concessionary rate of £10 to play will be applied if no help has been given from a member.

  

Public (guest) drivers: will need to sign on for compliance with MSA rules.

  

Suggestion of setting a few trials sections out, depending on size of pitch and manpower.

   
 

                                               

 

Site for July Trial and Tyro.

 
 

New site for this event proposed by DR and DM, the landowner is known to DR, site is nr. Warslow, ~OS ref: SK075575. The site requires crossing the B road from camping field to trials site. Rob’s farm as the venue as before if this new site is not suitable.

  

DR offering an additional trials meet at this farm, 15th and 16th August, as he feels the summer break is too long.

  

Other sites: Alistair Moss is investigating High Edge.

  
 

Site to be checked for suitability, by another member.

        
 

Billing show

 
 

All as before-see last minutes. Formal allocation of stands will not be given until 31st. May.

 
 

Club members to promote, and DM will put on Facebook.

 
 

Publicity/promotion

 
 

Discussed. DM will be our representative.

 
 
 

A.O.B.

 
 

DM asking if other members can attend committee meetings. He was advised that members should approach any committee member to put forward queries or ideas.

 
 
    

DR suggesting AGM should happen before the season starts. Advised AGM early in the year tends to yield a poor attendance.

 
 
   

Adding an extra trials class: discussed at length.

 
 

DR to look at technical regs, and discuss next meeting.

 
   

First Aid: NW to go on course prior to playday.

 
 

NW to submit invoice to NT.

 
   

Finance: NT sent the club donation of £133 to the chosen First Responders.

 

£300 in surplus, after paying out Directors Insurance at a competitive price.

  

DM and DR proposed a price raise for trials to £20.

 
 

  

     

Agreed to consider, but not to action til next season.

 
   

Merchandise: suggested by DR and DM to restoring the club shop.

  

Discussed, problems with left-over stock if sales are not coming in.

 
 

NW and DM to liase with suppliers of clothing which may be suitable.

 

 Meeting closed at 10.15pm.

 Date for next meeting: TBA.