Your Friendly Land Rover Club

Minutes of Buxton and District Land Rover Club

Monday, 3rd. August 2015, 7:30pm at Chapel-en-le-frith

PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicki Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB), Nic White (NW), Danny Riley (DR), Dave Mercer (DM).

APOLOGIES: Joe Moss (JM)

SUBJECT

DISCUSSION

ACTION

Minutes of last meeting

Checked and agreed as accurate.

Many items discussed further as minuted below.

NW has completed St. John Ambulance First Aid Course, sponsored by the Club, since last minutes.

 

ANWCC

MT attends these meetings, but committee has received no recent feedback.

DT to look into the role of ANWCC and its relevance to us as a Club.

PlayDay, Sunday, 24th. May 2015

Set up Saturday, event Sunday, cleared site Monday.

Successful event. £300 profit made. 3 new members as a result.

Suggested we add a 2nd May Playday next year, to include a few trials sections out, depending on size of pitch and manpower.

 

Sites for Trials

Warslow site successful.

Alistair Moss looking into the use of High Edge Raceway-DM now to make further enquiries from Barry Dring, who runs the 4x4 site there.

DM to liaise with site contact for High Edge.

Fire extinguishers

Proposed we all carry one as an essential in each car-the 1.7l foam would be suitable.

 

Trials Classes

DM and DR to refine the 3 classes they propose, and feed back next meeting.

 

Trials Fee

All agreed an increase to £20 per driver from start of next season.

 

Christmas Meal 2015

NT has looked at and booked the Duke of York on A515 for 5th. December. Capacity for 50 diners, and guide price per head is £26.95.

Proposed the Club gives a complementary drink via a voucher scheme.

.

Advertise the Meal and Awards on Facebook and website.

A.O.B:

 Defender rally taking place on Anglesey 22nd August, to mark the end of the production.

Car stickers: Vee has researched these, 500@£1 each, or 250 for £1.00 each.  

Bosley Wood Treatment Plant Disaster Fund:

Vee proposed the Club makes a donation, as some old club members are directly affected.

Agreed by members present.

BAD clothing: NW has found a supplier and obtained prices. Committee wish to see a few garments, using the current logo stitched on ( orange oval ellipse ) as per old stock t shirt provided, if possible. Then if suitable, to order individual garments for interested members (so Club holds no stock).

YNOT festival: NW reported that the Club had been appreciated for its help in this event.

Model Trial Section:  the fate of this to be discussed at next meeting.

Next Season Trial meetings: aiming for 10 trials, 6 tyros. Venues and dates to be confirmed, but proposing 1st Sunday of each month, to avoid clashing with P & D club events which several members attend.

Tyro: number of attendees= avg 3.5

Felt this is a valuable activity to offer, but more help needed to set up and run them. NW and DR both offered to set up a TYRO each next season.

Committee members attendance at meetings. Noted absences and no contact to send apologies.

Canes for Trials: new canes being purchased.

AGM: DR and DM proposing this is needed before the Trials season starts. Also requesting it is held on a Friday evening.

DM and DR to explore other options.

VB to deliver cheque.

NW to revisit the supplier’s works in Leek to enquire.

Committee to start asking Landowners about availability of sites on dates proposed.

DT to contact MT about his availability for meetings and website upkeep.

AGM date set for Fri 15th. January 2016.

Meeting closed at 11.15pm.

Date for next meeting: TBA: Oct/ Nov 15. DT will inform members of date.