Your Friendly Land Rover Club

 

Minutes of Buxton and District Land Rover Club

Monday, 26th October 2015, 7:30pm at Chapel-en-le-frith

  PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicki Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB), Nic White (NW), Danny Riley (DR), Dave Mercer (DM), Matt Thompson(MT).

                                                         

   

SUBJECT

   
   

DISCUSSION

 
   

ACTION

 
 

Minutes of last meeting

 
 

Checked and agreed as accurate.

 

Many items discussed further as minuted below.

  
 
 

ANWCC

      

MSA certificates

 
 

MT fed back to the committee. He attends their quarterly meetings. They benefit our club as they have the scope to organise inter-club championships. Membership of the ANWCC is 100. There are 15 clubs like the ANWCC nationwide.

 

Clarification sought . Advised of the process: NT sends these to MSA, and MT keeps an archive of the old certs-for 7 years as required.

  
       

MT to confirm to NT the duration the certs are needed to be kept.

 
 

Fire extinguishers

 
 

Agreed to suggest drivers supply own and   carry 1.7kg AFFF specification (as per MSA) cylinders in their cars.

 

Club has the 9kg cylinders which can be checked annually by any competent person, and recharged after 5 years or any discharge.

 
 

Propose to drivers for 2016 season.

    
  

Trials Classes

 
 

DM and DR have worked to refine the 3 classes they propose.

  
 

To put these classes into place for 2016 season.

 
 

Pressure washer

 
 

Broke down at playday. NB has looked for spares-difficult to find, as the machine is old and uncommon. Committee agreed to send to a specialist firm in Stoke for assessment before condemning.

 
 

NW to bring to Quarry 07/11 for DM to take for his dad to deliver to the firm.

 
 

Christmas Meal 2015

 
 

NT has booked the Duke of York on A515 for 5th. December. Capacity for 50 diners, and guide price per head is £26.95.

 

Discussed and agreed that Club to subsidise the price to £20 for current members.

 

Monies to accompany booking.

 

Deadline 18/11/15 for bookings.

 

.

 
 

DM to promote the event on Facebook.

  
 

AGM

  
 

Date agreed 24/01/2015. Time:4pm. Venue to be confirmed. Possibly the Railway Inn, Buxton.

 
 
 

Members draw

 
 

Planned as last year, to draw for a £50 voucher for all Stewards who have signed in at events.

 
 

VB sourcing £50 Post Office voucher.

 
 

Camping fees

 
 

Long discussion over the charge for camping. This has been raised due to the Landowner at Biggin Quarry stipulating a £5 charge per unit from 2016.

 
 

Inform members of this ahead of next season’s events at Biggin.

 
 

Setting up for Trials

 
 

Discussed the need to involve drivers more in this, to relieve the burden of setting up to the few who do so much. NW, DR and DM stated that as drivers, we are happy to set up a trial per season, so we need only 6 other drivers to commit to setting up to cover the whole season. Volunteers for this job is historically sluggish/lacking.

 
 

DM as vice-chair to sign up drivers to commit to setting up a trial. More responsibility to go on the drivers to create the trials they come to drive.

 
 

Tyros

 
 

Discussed similar problems with lack of volunteered manpower to set up and marshal, for low numbers of competitors. DT and NT happy to continue, with help from VB and NB, but again, help needed from other members to maintain this useful taster into off roading. Seen to be useful for promoting the club.

 
 

Seek out help for setting up Tyros.

 
 

Calendars

 
 

NB has again produced a Club calendar. To sell at £5. 35 produced.

 
 

Sell at Xmas meal, and at Biggin last trial if back from the printers in time.

 
 

Remote control cars

 
 

From the mini-trial model, currently with James Foster-Johnson. VB to dispose of. Model base now obsolete. NW to dispose of the boards.

  
 
 

AOB

 
 

Club clothing: NW has had samples produced by Supersports of Leek. These were circulated tonight. All happy with the quality and price. To get orders in the spring for a bulk order , members to pay at the point of ordering, so Club holds no stock.

 

NT reimbursed NW for the samples purchased.

 
 

NW to look at pricing to include the embroidery cost-discuss further.

 
   

High Edge site~closed at present, so agreed to book Wormhough for October instead.

 
 

DM to book Wormhough for October.

 

Meeting closed at 9pm.

Date for next meeting: TBA. DT will inform committee members of date.