Your Friendly Land Rover Club

Minutes of Buxton and District Land Rover Club

Tuesday, 12th January  2015, 7:30pm at Chapel-en-le-frith

PRESENT: Dave Theaker (DT); Nicki Theaker (NT); Nev Brindley (NB); Vee Brindley (VB), Nic White (NW), Danny Riley (DR),

Dave Mercer (DM), Matt Thompson(MT), Mich Whiting(MW), Joe Moss(JM).

SUBJECT

DISCUSSION

ACTION

Minutes of last meeting:

Retaining paperwork:

Pressure washer:

Camping Fees:

Checked and agreed as accurate.

.

DT requesting confirmation of the legal requirements of this.

DR has assessed. Injector pump is broken. Likely replacement part will cost £300.

May be more economic to hire for Playdays than replace the washer.

Further discussion as we face per unit per night camping charges at the Quarry.

MT to confirm next meeting.

DR will see if he can find a cheap solution, eg graft on another engine.

Club to absorb the cost of these fees this year.

2016 A.G.M.:

To be held on Sunday 24th. Jan at The Buckingham Hotel, Buxton at 4pm.

Agenda as usual from DT.

Positions on the committee have to be resigned on the day, for members to then  withdraw them selves  or put selves up for re-election.

Posts to be decided at AGM.

Non Land Rover vehicle involvement in Trials:

Discussed, as the  2015 season brought a welcome influx of participants in Trials, but many in non L.R. vehicles. 

Agreed to invite non LR participants, ensure they join the Club as members in order to allow competing in a separate trophy-the Overall Championship. DM will calculate these points after each trial, and send notes to committee.

Club merchandise:

Confirmed previous plan for pricing, and  to place 2 x a year buy-to-order group orders (April and September), with members paying at the time of order.

 

NW to bring demo items and catalogue to AGM, with an order form to launch the new range.

Sue (JM’s partner) will take orders at the Trials. NW to make the final order to Supersport.

Club calendar:

Agreed to continue for 2016 season.

2015 printed 36, sold 34.

NB happy to create the next calendar.

Officals draw:

Discussed.

Agreed to abolish now self-marshalling in trials.

Bonus/handicap points:

Discussed-Confirmed not needed for Supermods, and no handicap for LWB vehicles to be given.

 

JTV:

The MSA-owned JTV remains in storage at Rob White’s. He has asked for it to be moved away.

MT to arrange MSA to take the JTV back.

 MSA ‘Blue books’:

 

Given to  committee members who requested the book.

Child Protection/Safeguarding officer:

DT announced this is now a mandatory requirement for MSA clubs, with all MSA clubs to comply with the MSA Child Safeguarding Policy (supplied by DT).

The club is to produce its own Statement and Policy based on that of the MSA.

NW and NT highlighted the wider issues around compliance, ie. general behaviour and language used by Members at Club events.

MT to contact MSA for access to their Officer, and any advice/policies they can share with us.

NW to read the MSA Safeguarding Policy, and feed back at next meeting of the Committee.

AOB:

Tyros: confirmed this is for drivers of 13 years and over, driving a registered, taxed vehicle, according to the MSA blue book.

Looping: DR led a discussion re: the ‘driven line’ or putting in ‘loops’ in trials sections.

Finance: NT reports the Club has finished the year in a solvent position with a surplus of £760.This difference of approx. £300 down from last year can be accounted for by a donation made to the Bosley Disaster, and the Club subsidising the Christmas meal by £5 a head.

DR to propose a vote at next trial for drivers to vote for or against ‘looping’.

     

Meeting closed at 9.30pm.

Date for next meeting: TBA. DT will inform committee members of date.

Minutes written by NW, 18th. January 2016.