Your Friendly Land Rover Club

MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING 31st JANUARY 2016
 
PRESENT: Dave (DM), Danny (DR), Robbie (RS), Matt (MT), Richard (RM), Nicki (NT), Joe (JM), Vee (VB), Nev. (NB)
APOLOGIES: None
ROLES
The following roles were agreed:
DM  Chairman
VB  Membership
NT  Treasurer
RM  General
MT  ICT & Competition Secretary
NB.  Photography and publicity
NW  Secretary
DR  Scrutineer
RS  Vice-Scrutineer
 
CLERK TO THE COURSE
NB and DT will remain as joint Clerk to the course on an alternating basis. NB will be the Clerk at Worrall.
SETTING OUT
Two people will be in charge, as previously notified, for one course. Helpers are most welcome and this fact will be added to the web site.
 
AGM REVIEW
In future items for discussion and questions will be restricted, in the first instance, to those raised in the reports from the Chair, the Membership Secretary and the Finance Officer. A general question and answer session will then follow through the Chair.
NEW EQUIPMENT
The following purchases were agreed:
Flags - 150 white 150 orange and 50 yellow;
Canes - 300 five foot bamboo canes (Mitch to be contacted to see if there is a viable alternative);
Bungees - a set to be purchased to hold canes and flags for individual sections. DM will explain the new system of ‘pulling flags’ at the drivers’ briefing;
New ink printer – VB to purchase a suitable replacement;
Scrutineering book – VB to supply for DR and RS.
SECTION AND GATE NUMBERS
After discussion it was agreed to implement the following changes at Worrall:
Section 1 to start at 10.00 following a drivers’ briefing;
There will now be ten sections with 12 gates per section.
SCORE AND SCRUTINEERING CARDS
DR and RS will sign a scrutineering sheet for presentation to VB to exchange for a new style score card produced by NB.
CHAMPIONSHIP & TRIAL PUBLICATION
VB will continue publishing the section numbers and scores. Cards will then be posted to DM to publish the Championship scores.
TROPHIES
VB to continue obtaining the trophies.
JET WASH / PLAY DAY
It was agreed to hire a petrol jet wash from a local hire shop for the play day. DR and RS to source locally prior to the event. The original club jet wash is to be scrapped.
CHRISTMAS MEAL
Zoe Riley has agreed to organise at the Bull in Thorn. December 3rd was the preferred date.
 
AOB
LOOPING – this will not be allowed for class 3 vehicles.
TYRO – more help is required to ensure the continued success of the TYRO.
DIRECTORS – To be decided as required, RM to provide further information.
PUBLICITY – MT will continue to publish information on the site, there is now a mobile friendly site.
SAFEGUARDING – MT to collate suitable policies so that we can adopt one.
MICK  – Mick (MM) is to be invited to future committee meetings.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Sunday March 13th 4pm to 6pm at the Bull in Thorn