Your Friendly Land Rover Club

MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING 20th MARCH 2016
 
PRESENT: Dave (DM), Danny (DR), Robbie (RS), Matt (MT), Richard (RM), Nicki (NT), Joe (JM), Vee (VB), Nev. (NB)
IN ATTENDANCE Mick (MM)
APOLOGIES: None
DAVE THEAKER
Dave has sent his appreciation for the gift and offered his continued support for the Club.
PLAYDAY
The toilets are booked and the catering will arrive at 8.30. JM is sorting out the radios with a backup via MT for equipment from Tower. High visibility vests and rolls of tape will be provided by VB. DM is to arrange a roadside advertising sign. Rob White has purchased a petrol jet wash which we can borrow for the day. The cost is £25, plus £5 for additional drivers a free club oval comes with the cost. Discounted membership will be offered. The day is scheduled from 10.00 till 16.00, then the trial will be set out for the following day. Advertising will be via Face Book and the web site. Posters will be placed in Paddocks and DLS. Rubbish to be collected with committee members removing it from the site.
SETTING OUT
After some discussion it was agreed to continue with two named people whilst the need for additional help was noted.
MOW COP
Dave George will be contacted by DM to explain that to be eligible for the Championship he will need to help set out a site.
 
TROPHIES
There will be a trophy for the winner of classes 1, 2 and 3 plus the overall Championship winner will be awarded a returnable shield.
SHOP
The shop is now ready to start sales – Sue is going to take over responsibility for the shop. It was agreed not to hold any stock. Orders will be taken at Tearsall onwards and then at every trial with payment being taken with the order.
SAFE GUARDING
MT is still awaiting clarification from the MSA.
FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
As a Club we need to provide extinguishers and Mark, a member, is to be approached to check and certify our current equipment.
MSA PAPER WORK
MT to confirm.
JTV
MM to collect and store.
CHRISTMAS MEAL & AWARDS EVENING
The date and venue (December 3rd - Bull in Thorn)   were confirmed. A menu is available it was agreed to discuss prices and further details at a future meeting.
NEW TRIAL SYSTEM
The new system is working and continues to become embedded as members get used to the changes. After discussion it was decided not to change the setting out system.
AOB
We have received good feedback from Peak and Dukeries following the trial at the Quarry. They have been invited to future events.
We are going to try a ‘running order’ system at the next trial.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Sunday June 26th 4pm to 6pm at the Bull in Thorn